Traditional Malawi Cane Chair [Support Initiative]
By purchasing this chair you are directly helping support local Malawians and their families back home.
- Can be matched with double seat to create a set
- Suitable for indoor use or durable enough for the outdoors
- Natural feeling creates a calm space
- Comfortable and elegant in design.
- Quality craftsmanship. Each chair is Hand weaved from 100% Malawi cane.
- Natural look and feel creates a calming space to read a book and relax, without your cell phone.
- A superb investment for your home or office reception.
- Use as a premium indoor piece or as durable outdoor furniture.
- Malawi chair is unsealed/unvarnished.
- Length 58cm
- Width 75cm
- Height 80cm
- Seat height, is roughly 40cm.
- Weight: 5.6kg's
- Keep the furniture out of direct sunlight and heated areas as this could cause the cane to become brittle.
- Keep the furniture in areas with medium humidity, to prevent the furniture from becoming dry, a room humidify is recommended for this, especially in cold temperatures, to keep the air moist. Cathryn Peters (AKA The Wicker Woman) suggests: "Using a high-oil content furniture polish product when you dust helps to keep the cane supple, too. Lemon oil, orange oil, or mineral oil (use sparingly) applied to both the top and bottom of the cane seat a few times a year is usually sufficient."
- Distribute weight evenly as the design of the furniture accommodates a person’s weight distributed evenly in a sitting position, and is not suitable for concentrated weight. Please be advised to NEVER kneel or stand on cane furniture as this causes the woven cane to break.
- To prolong the life of your cane chair, we recommend the use of a cushion. The cushion act to distribute your weight more evenly, thereby saving the individual strand from having to carry the weight, thus resulting in the chair having a longer life.